Central and Eastern European Society of Koreanologists Regulations
▶ Chapter 1 General Regulations
Article 1 (Title)
The society is called the Central and Eastern European Society of Koreanologists, abbreviated as CEESOK.
Article 2 (Object and Project)
The object of this society is to contribute to the development of Korean language education and Koreanology in the Eurasian region centering on Central and Eastern Europe. For this, the following projects are planned and executed.
1. Annual academic conference held (first week of July every year)
2. Information exchange and academic cooperation
3. Publication of journal
Article 3 (Official Language)
The official languages of society and journals are in Korean and English.
Article 4 (Site)
The headquarters of this society shall be placed in the place designated by the chairman’s organization or by the chairman.
▶ Chapter 2 Membership
Article 4 (Qualification for Membership)
- The members of this society are divided into regular members and associate members.
- Regular members are professors, teachers, lecturers, researchers, graduate students who are engaged in Koreanology at educational institutions in Central and Eastern Europe, who have participated in the society more than twice.
- Associate members are researchers in other regions who will contribute to the development of Koreanology in Middle Eastern Europe.
- As a researcher in other regions, those who participated in the society three or more times are considered as regular members.
Article 5 (Rights and Obligations)
- All members are obliged to pay the conference participation fee.
- Regular members can attend the general meeting to express their opinions, have eligibility for election and have the right to vote.
- Associate members can attend the general meeting to express their opinions, but cannot participate in the election.
▶ Chapter 3 Board Members
Article 6 (Board Members Composition)
1. The board of directors consists of the chairman, vice chairman, directors and auditors.
2. The board of directors consists of the chairman, vice chairman, chief editor, auditor, research director, and financial director.
3. At this meeting, an editorial board may be established and other committees may be established as necessary. The composition and operation of the committee are subject to the regulations set forth separately.
Article 7 (Board Member’s Term and Election)
1. The chairman and the auditor are elected at the regular general meeting.
The chairman and the auditor are elected at the regular general meeting with the recommendation of two or more members of the society.
2. The chairman appoints the vice-chairman and other board member.
3. The term of board members shall be two years.
4. When a board member wishes to resign, he must submit his resignation to the chairman. And the chairman appoints a new board member. The new board member’s term shall be the remaining term of the predecessor.
Article 8 (Board Member’s Duties)
1. The chairman represents the society and plans and supervises all the work of the society.
2. The Vice-Chairman assists the chairman and acts in the event of his absence.
3. The general director performs the practical work of the society.
4. The research director performs the duties of the academic and research activities of the society.
5. The financial director is in charge of the financial and accounting work of the society.
6. The auditor audits the financial and accounting work of the society.
7. The chief editor is in charge of issuing and publishing the conference presentation and journals.
▶ Chapter 4 Meetings
Article 9 (Composition) The Society has regular general meetings, temporary general meetings, boards of directors, and editorial boards for the performance of project.
Article 10 (General Meeting)
1. The general meeting is held on the last day of each year’s conference.
2. The chairman must specify the agenda of the meeting and notify each member of the general meeting 15 days before the general meeting.
4. The general meeting deliberates and decides on the election of the chairman and auditors, plans for project and activities, selection of venues, budgeting and settlement, revision of the regulations, and other important issues.
5. The resolution of the general meeting shall be in favor of more than half of the attending members. When the votes are tied, the chairman can give a casting vote.
Article 11 Board of Directors
- The board of directors is composed of executives including the chairman, and is the actual executive body of the society.
- The chairman becomes the chairman of the board of directors, and the overall work of the society and various projects are negotiated and implemented.
- The executive director must attend the board of directors and, if unable to attend, a power of attorney must be sent.
- The agenda of the board of directors is decided by the majority of attendance.
Article 12 Editorial Board
- The editorial board is responsible for editing and publishing journals and various publications.
- The composition, function, and editorial committee of the editorial board shall be determined by the “Editorial Board Regulations”.
- The Editorial Board finally decides on the selection of reviewers and request for review of the paper submitted to the society, and whether paper shall be published in the journal.
▶ Chapter 5 Assets and Accounting
Article 13 (Finance)
The society's finances are funded by the following sources:
1. Conference Petrification Fee
3. Accounting for this society shall be carried over to the end of August after the conference.
▶ Supplementary Regulations
1. Matters not specified in this regulation shall be in accordance with ordinary customs.
2. This revised regulation is effective from July 5, 2020.