Article 1 (Object)
The object of this regulation is to define matters regarding the establishment and operation of the editorial board to publish regular academic journals by reviewing and editing the presentation for the CEESOK conference and subsequently submitted paper.
Article 2 (Composition)
1. The Editorial board is composed of three fields: Korean Language Studies and Korean Education, Korean Literature, and Koreanology. If necessary, the field of study can be subdivided and the range can be expanded
2. The editorial board is composed of about 7 members including the chief editor.
Article 3 (Meeting)
1. The meeting of the editorial board is convened by the chief editor as necessary.
2. The chief editor oversees the meetings and all matters of the editorial board, and checks the revision of the papers to be published.
Article 4 (Obligation)
1. The editorial board selects the conference presenters.
2. Select and request reviewers for the submitted journal papers.
3. The decision of the editorial board consists of two-thirds votes of editorial committee.
Article 5 (Paper Review Method)
1. All submitted papers will be published after review by the editorial board.
2. The chief editor appoints three reviewers of the submitted papers to request the review.
3. After the review, the reviewer will send a “Review Result Report” to the chief editor.
4. The reviewer give scores according to the criteria specified for each evaluation item specified in the evaluation opinion and record them in the evaluation opinion. If the total score for each item is 80 points or more out of 100 is 'can be published’, 70 to 79 points are 'can be published after revision', 60 to 69 points are ‘reconsideration after revision’, and a score less than 60 is ‘cannot be published’.
5. If one of the three reviewers decides to ‘cannot be published’, then the paper cannot be published. However if one of the reviewers decides to 'can be published’, you can request a reconsideration to a third reviewer.
6. When a submitter who is evaluated as 'cannot be published’ requests a reconsideration, two of a three judges may be appointed. In this case, both reviewers must decide that is higher than 'can be published’ or 'can be published after revision’.
7. Copy or e-mail the and send it to the submitter who has been evaluated as 'can be published' or 'can be published after revision’ to request the paper revises. The submitter must submit in writing or by e-mail about the revision offer.
8. The editorial board holds a meeting of editorial committee by collecting the revised papers. At this time, it is checked whether or not the revision has been carried out, and then it is decided whether to publish it.
9. Submitter who has been evaluated as ‘final publication confirmed’ shall submit the final version of the revised paper.
10. Other matters that may occur in relation to paper review are discussed by chief editor convenes the editorial board. After that, it is decided with the approval of more than 2/3 of the registered members.
11. The editorial board publishes the papers for which publication has been decided by collecting it.
Article 6 (Review Criteria)
The review criteria for the papers submitted to this board are as follows.
1. Consistency between title and content: Consistency and appropriateness of paper content, subject and title.
2. Understanding of previous research: Understanding of advanced research at home and abroad, and reference level of the latest research trends.
3. Originality of paper: Whether the paper content is an original paper that has not been previously presented or published and the degree of originality
4. Appropriateness of research method: Appropriateness and novelty of research methods based on the theory of Korean language studies, Korean language education, and language education.
5. Feasibility of logical development: Contents development based on Korean language studies, Korean language education, and language education, and the degree of feasibility of logical development.
6. Degree of compliance with submission regulations: The degree of compliance with submission regulations of this journal.
7. Adequacy of research data selection: The degree of adequacy of data selection for the subject of study.
8. Sentence clarity: Total table of contents for paper, structure, content arrangement, compliance with submission method.
9. Expected academic contribution: The degree to which the content and value of the paper contribute to leading and developing the theory and practice of Korean language studies, Korean language education and language education.
10. Accuracy and fluency of English (or Korean) abstracts.
Article 7 (Requirements for Review)
In principle, a paper of a person who has not fulfilled the member's duties or a manuscript that does not comply with the stipulated “paper submission regulation” is excluded from the review.
Article 8 (Review Procedure)
To ensure the objectivity and transparency of the review procedures, the following procedures are performed.
1. After the submission date of the paper, the chief editor convenes the (online) editorial board to select the reviewers. After that, the [Submitted Paper File] and [Review Request Form] and [Review Result Report] are sent to the selected reviewers to request the review.
2. Reviewers complete the review within a predetermined period of time, record the details of the corrections in the [Review Result Report] for each item and send it to the chief editor.
3. The chief editor collects the results of the review and sends [Request for Revision], [Contents for Revision] and [Revise Confirmation] to the submitter’s e-mail.
4. The submitter need to revise the notified information, and restore the identity contents about the submitter deleted during the review procedure. After that, complete the [Revise Confirmation] and [Paper File] and send it to the editorial board.
5. The paper that has been evaluated as “reconsideration after revision”, the reconsideration shall be requested to the original reviewers after revision.
Article 9 (Submission of Paper)
1. Researchers with a master's degree or higher can submit to the journal.
2. The submission deadline is October 31 of each year, and the publication date is May 31 of the following year.
3. Exclude academic papers that have already been published or will be published elsewhere.
4. Two papers per person cannot be published in the same issue of the journal.
5. Submitted papers must comply with the submission regulations and should not exceed 25 pages of the journal.
Article 10 (Security)
Personal information related to paper review cannot be disclosed to anyone.
Article 11 (Comply the Research Ethics)
During the paper review procedures, all submitter and reviewers comply with the research ethics regulations.